(1) The protection of personal data is very important to us. Therefore we process data exclusively on the basis of legal regulations (DSGVO, TKG 2003).
(2) The information we collect is for the sole purpose of providing the communications service. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without explicit consent and stored until the user agreement ends.
2. Data storage
(1) We log data (name of the retrieved web page, file, date and time of retrieval, amount of data transferred, status of retrieval, browser type and version, operating system, referrer URL, IP address, provider) only for statistical evaluations for the purpose of operation, security and the optimization of the offer. There is no merge of this data with other data sources. However, we reserve the right to retrospectively review the log data if, on the basis of concrete evidence, the legitimate suspicion of unlawful use exists.
(2) We save your profile information when you register. This includes username, password (encrypted) and e-mail address. Optionally, display name, phone number and profile picture can be saved.
(3) We store conversations, uploaded files and other information you provide on our platform.
3. Who can see your messages?
(1) In unencrypted rooms, users can see messages and files according to the access rights of the room in question. This data can be viewed by all users of the room and Chatcloud employees.
(2) In encrypted rooms, including encrypted conversations between two people, the data is stored in our database but can only be read using the keys on the clients. Nobody, including Chatcloud employees, can read the message content in the database.
As part of our service, necessary e-mails (user registration, password forgot, etc.) and unnecessary e-mails (new features, new message, advertising, etc.) are sent.
The consent to receive unnecessary e-mails can be revoked at any time. The cancellation can be made via the unsubscribe link in any e-mail, or by message to the contact below.
5. Integration of services and contents of third parties
Within this website, third-party content, such as YouTube videos or Google Maps maps, may be included. This always assumes that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as “third party”) perceive the IP address of the user.
6. Web Analytics
We use Google AdWords Conversion Tracking to measure the success of our advertising measures. After certain goals have been achieved on our website (“conversions”) – such as opening our chat or sending contact forms – this goal achievement is recorded by Google. Google can use it to measure the number of goals achieved. In addition, on the basis of previously set cookies, Google will assign which advertisements were previously clicked and were therefore decisive for achieving the goal. Google processes this data on servers in the USA, but will not associate it with personal data from your Google account.
With your consent, we use the tracking pixel from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) on our website. With the help of this pixel, the behavior of users can be tracked after they have been redirected to our website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to record the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, which means that we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, about which we will inform you according to our level of knowledge. Facebook can connect this data to your Facebook account and also use it for its own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s data usage guidelines (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). You have the option of prohibiting Facebook and its partners from placing advertisements. You can edit the settings for Facebook’s advertisements under the following link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
8. Legal basis
Data are processed on the basis of the statutory provisions of § 96, Para. 3 of the TKG and Art. 6, Para. 1, Let. a (consent) and/or b (required for fulfilling the contract) of the GDPR.
9. Your Rights
In principle, you have the right to information, correction, deletion, restriction, data portability, revocation, and opposition. Should this be necessary, please contact our data protection project leaders directly.
If you suspect that the processing of your data violates data protection law or that your claims under data protection law have otherwise been violated in any way, you can complain to the supervisory authority (Österreichische Datenschutzbehörde, Hohenstaufengasse 3, 1010 Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org).
10. How do we respond to legal inquiries?
We access, retain and share your information with supervisors, law enforcement, and others when we have infringed our license, copyright, trademark, competition, or other rights.
11. Protecting the privacy of children
We do not collect and store information from individuals whom we know to be under the age of 16. No part of the service is designed to appeal to anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, you must not use the service.
If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.
13. Contact Details
Project Leader Privacy
Andreas Fellerer (email@example.com)